Nature, Creativity and Positivity too
One of my “well-necessities” is creativity. Without it, I struggle to find my flow.
I run Julie Green* Art & Photography as a place of peace within the noise of life. It’s a cultivation of the calm I seek and an expression of an inexplicable journey.
I am a nature lover at heart and find peace there. It’s a place of healing and creative expression; slow living and passion, rolled with curiosities and self-study.
I am grateful to share my passion for wildlife conservation, slow living, environmentalism, and conscious capitalism (if only indirectly); and the impact of making tiny footprints and healing through nature.
My mission for Julie Green Art & Photography is: To spread calm in the chaos to nature-lovers worldwide: a connection to the spirit within and the greater cosmos.
My photography has been featured by Australia.com (in two Friday Fan Photos albums), Blue Mountains Australia, OurBribie.com and Sunshine Coast sites, Australia Nature Conservancy, Oxfam Australia, and WIRES NSW. You’ll find one of my photos exhibited at a Coles complex too. I have a long term dream of entering the Archibald Prize someday too… and maybe even winning it if I work hard enough.
For now, I hope to spread the joy and inspiration in art!
*Green is my maiden name.
“Amazing photography, art, and inspiration. Julie has a unique view of the world, one that we can all take an example from. Looking at Julie’s work you cannot help but walk away with a smile and having difficulty remembering what it was that was bothering you before you met her. Never change Julie.” – Stephen Allen, 11 January 2017
“Julie helped create a wonderful piece to help my honour my late grandfather. Her sensitive, kind and passionate approach to this piece made my experience working with Julie an absolute joy!” – Elise Slavin, 23 July 2017
“Not only is Julie incredibly talented (her eye for detail is immaculate) but she is an absolutely warm and wonderful person who shows so much genuine care for her clients. Julie created an absolutely beautiful charcoal portrait of my mother’s colleague who passed away suddenly. She did so with such love and attention to detail. I will give an update when her family receives the portrait, but I am sure they will be so incredibly touched. You won’t find another artist as beautifully spectacular as Julie Freeman. I highly recommend her everyone!” – Hayley Joy Brown, 10 August 2017
- 2006 – 1st Prize in Age Category for Self-Portrait, Hornsby Art Prize
- 2007 – Gold Winner for Short Film, ArtsNorth Film Festival
- 2011 – Mayor’s Encouragement Award, Hornsby Shire Council Photographic Competition
- 2013 – Special Recognition Award for photography, Botanic Art Exhibition
- 2014 – First Prize in People’s Choice Award, WIRES Winter Wildlife Competition
- 2015 – Finalist Capture Beautiful Berowra Photography Competition
- 2017 – Finalist 2017 EXPOSURE Central Coast Photographic Prize
- 2018 – Special Recognition Award for photography, Open Art Exhibition, Light Space & Time
- 2018 – Finalist 2018 Beautiful Berowra Photography Competition
To sign up to my art newsletter, contact me.